Sunday, September 18, 2011

New camera

It was my birthday and I decided to buy myself a new camera.
I had been wanting to upgrade for a while already and when a good deal came along, I just went ahead and did. Not that there was anything wrong with my old camera, Nikon D80, but I felt like I have taken some steps forward with my photography during the past few months and that I deserve an upgrade - and even need it what comes to certain things.

So I bought a Nikon D300S.
I haven't been shooting that much with it yet but so far I'm loving it.
I shoot indoors a lot and I don't like using flash, so I use high ISO a lot. That was a bit of an issue with the D80 because the photos with high ISO were quite noisy. With the D300S it's completely different. High ISO noise is minimal - it's beautiful.


I also got this book, David Busch's "Nikon D300S Guide to Digital SLR Photography".
It's great, much better than the actual manual of the camera, and I'm expecting to be taking much better pictures once I've finished reading it.

For now, I leave you with this:

K this morning, just after waking up, having breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment