Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Knitting


I've started knitting again.
It had been over ten years since I knitted the last time but it didn't feel like that.
Everything came back to me right away which felt amazing.
Yes, this is something I can do!


Right now I'm working on a cardigan for K.


The pattern is from a book which features designs from 1930's to 1950's.
I love the book but unfortunately the patterns are for babies and toddlers only, up to 1½ or 2 years of age, not for bigger children. But I modified the pattern a bit and I'm hoping it'll fit K. If not, there is always S to wear it!


I chose a thread with colors that fit both genders and probably will do the same with most of the things I'll be knitting in the future. That way K can wear the clothes first and S after her. (At least in theory, maybe there will come a time he won't want to wear his sister's old clothing anymore, haha!)


In the evenings, after the children have gone to bed, nothing is more relaxing than sitting on the couch with a knitwork and having a conversation with A while sipping on a glass of red wine... (During the day I hardly ever have time to knit, so I have to admit, the above picture is staged, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment